ARTICLE I NAME
A. The official name shall be the Higley Instrumental Association.
ARTICLE II MEMBERSHIP
A. Membership in the Higley Instrumental Association shall be open to all interested
People who support the HHS Instrumental program.
ARTICLE III PURPOSE
A. The purpose of the HIA shall be:
1. To provide morale and financial support to the Higley Instrumental program, including all instrumental ensembles and color guard.
2. To encourage community support.
ARTICLE IV MEETINGS
A. Meetings of the general membership will be held once a month on a regularly scheduled basis, or as deemed necessary by the Executive Board.
B. A quorum of the general membership shall be a majority of the members present
For general and for special meetings.
C. Meetings of the Executive Board shall be held as necessary to conduct the affairs of the Association.
D. A quorum of the Executive Board shall be a majority of the officers for voting or approval of new policies, activities, etc.
E. Any member of the Executive Board will give the secretary notice before missing a meeting.
F. All meetings are closed to students.
ARTICLE V OFFICERS, EXECUTIVE BOARD AND ELECTIONS
A. Officers shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Volunteer Chairperson, Fundraising Chairperson, Guard Representative, Jazz Representative, String Representative, Winds Representative, and Percussion Representative.
B. The Executive Board shall be made up of the elected Higley Instrumental Boosters. The duties of the Executive Board shall be to act as a steering committee for the organization.
C. The term of all officers shall be for one year.
D. In March of each year the President shall appoint a nominating committee of not less than three members of the general membership.
1. Any person interested in serving as a Board Officer may contact the nominating committee to express the interest in serving. It shall be the duty of the nominating committee to nominate from the membership at least one name per office from among those who desire to serve.
2. The names of those nominated for board office shall be publicized to the general membership not less than two weeks prior to the April meeting at which elections will be held.
E. Elections shall be held at the April meeting and may be either by secret ballot or by a show of hands. Candidates receiving a majority of votes shall be declared as Officers Elect.
F. The newly elected officers shall assume office on the last student day of each school year. Officers Elect will be expected to attend the May Executive Board meeting each year.
G. No one shall be elected to the same office for more than two consecutive years.
H. In the event that a board office vacated due to resignation, death, etc., the remaining
Board members shall be empowered to appoint a person or persons to fill the vacant
Office subject to the approval of the Band Director and a ratifying vote by the membership in general at the next regular meeting.
ARTICLE VI REMOVAL OF OFFICERS
A. A certified letter shall be sent to the officer in dispute by the Executive Board seven
Days prior to the special meeting.
B. Removal of any officer must have approval of 2/3 vote of those members in
Attendance at the special meeting.
ARTICLE VII RESPONSIBILITIES OF OFFICERS
All Executive officers are required to attend all meetings. Any Executive Officer who misses more than two consecutive meetings without proper cause or notification shall be subject to removal from office as determined by the remaining members of the Executive Board.
All Officers shall be responsible for training all Officers Elect at the May meeting.
By the August general meeting, the new Executive Officers will have a calendar of the upcoming school year with all proposed activities.
1. Preside over Executive Board meetings.
2. Preside over general meetings and any special functions maintaining a professional atmosphere.
3. Be the liaison between the Higley Instrumental Director and the HIA.
4. Oversee the day to day running of the HIA.
5. Coordinate with Executive Officers as necessary.
B. Vice President
1. Assume all duties of the President in the absence of the President.
2. Coordinate and oversee all Committee Chairpersons.
1. Record all minutes of each Executive Board and General meetings. All
Recorded minutes will be available within seven days of all meetings.
2. Be in charge of all communication and correspondence with the general membership.
3. To see that all Executive Board Members have a copy of these bylaws.
1. Responsible for all money received and disbursed by the HIA.
2. Responsible for providing a monthly treasurer’s report to the Executive Board. This report shall be made available to members of the general membership upon request. Give a verbal report at the monthly general membership meetings.
E. Volunteer chairperson
1. Shall oversee all volunteer functions including but not limited to chaperones, concessions and special events.
2. Shall appoint membership to chair subcommittees.
3. Shall report to the Vice President.
F. Fundraising Chairperson
1. Shall appoint committee chairs to oversee individual fundraising activities.
2. Shall report to the Vice President.
G. Guard, Jazz, String, Winds and Percussion Representatives
1. Be the liaison between the Higley Instrumental Director, HIA, and their specific represented group.
2. Shall report to the Vice President.
ARTICLE VIII CONTROL OF FINANCES
A. All checking accounts shall require two signers with an alternate to be assigned by the Executive Board on all checks. Both signers shall be Executive Board Officers. The signers may not be related to each other.
B. All expenditures must be approved by a majority of the Executive Board in attendance.
C. All emergency expenditures must be approved by check signers with an email update sent to the Executive Board.
D. A minimum balance as required by the bank must be left in the account at the end of the school year.
E. All money shall be counted by two booster members and witnessed by their signatures upon the day received. One person must be an executive board officer. These members may not be related to each other.
F. All contracts entered into for the HIA require prior approval of the Executive Board and the signatures of the President and one other Executive Board member. The other member may not be related to the President.
G. A complete audit of the financial records shall be conducted by two Executive Officers, not related to each other, and an outside person as agreed upon by the Executive Board. This audit will be conducted every May.
H. All board approved requests for reimbursement must be submitted to the treasurer within 14 days of the purchase.
I. All requests to the treasurer for reimbursement will be completed within 21 days.
ARTICLE IX INSTRUMENTAL DIRECTOR’S INVOLVEMENT
A. The Instrumental Director shall keep the President informed of all Higley Instrumental activities.
B. The Instrumental Director shall be a non-voting member of the Executive Board.
ARTICLE X AMENDMENTS TO THE BYLAWS
A. The bylaws and amendments shall be reviewed annually by the Executive Board at the beginning of their term.
B. These bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of the Executive Board in attendance at a board meeting.
C. Changes to the bylaws must be ratified by a majority vote of the members in attendance at a general membership meeting.
D. These bylaws shall remain in effect for the life of the Association or until such time as they have been revised.
ARTICLE XI DISPOSITION OF FUNDRAISING
A. Money that is raised by HIA through fundraising will be put in a general fund.
B. All monies raised by the boosters will be distributed for the good of the HIA as approved by the Executive Board.